To swap tokens on Uniswap follow these steps:
- Open and . Then select the token drop-down.
- Search for and select the token you wish to swap. You can browse the token list or search for a token by name or contract address.
- Now you have to select the token you want to swap for. Select the token drop-down.
- Search for and select the token you wish to swap for. You can browse the token list or search for a token by name or contract address.
- Enter the amount you would like to swap, receive, or select the “Max” option.
The “Max” option automatically inputs the total amount of the token you have available in your wallet for swapping.
- Select “Swap”.
- Review the swap details, and then select “Confirm Swap”.
- In your wallet, approve spending for the token you are swapping.
This will require a . If this is your first time swapping the token with the Uniswap protocol, then you’ll need to approve the token in order to trade it.
For more information on token approvals see our article “”?
- In your wallet, sign the message. This transaction will not require a network cost.
- In your wallet, confirm the swap.
- Once confirmed, your swap is submitted to the blockchain and is pending.
- You will see “Swap success” and a green checkmark on screen when the transaction is successfully completed.