To swap tokens on Uniswap follow these steps:
- Open Uniswap web app and connect your wallet. Then select the token drop-down.
- Search for and select the token you wish to swap. You can browse the token list or search for a token by name or contract address.
- Now you have to select the token you want to swap for. Select the token drop-down.
- Search for and select the token you wish to swap for. You can browse the token list or search for a token by name or contract address.
- Enter the amount you would like to swap, receive, or select the “Max” option.
The “Max” option automatically inputs the total amount of the token you have available in your wallet for swapping.
- Select “Swap”.
- Review the swap details, and then select “Confirm Swap”.
- In your wallet, approve spending for the token you are swapping.
- In your wallet, allow the token to be used for swapping. This has network costs.
If this is your first time swapping the token with the Uniswap protocol, then you’ll need to approve the token in order to trade it.
For more information on token approvals see our article “”?
- In your wallet, confirm the swap. Once the swap is confirmed, the transaction is submitted to the blockchain (pending).
- You will see “Swap success!” and a green checkmark on screen when the transaction is successfully completed.