It’s common for scammers to make website which pretend to be another website, this is also known as website spoofing.
These fake websites are but are created to trick victims into approving a malicious contract.
Approving a malicious contract through one of these scam sites can result in a total loss of your tokens and NFTs.
To protect yourself from these scams, follow these steps:
- Make sure to always doublecheck the URL of the website you are on.
- Use a transaction screener like ScamSniffer.
- Be careful of links provided by users on Discord.
- If you are suspicious of a link, ask the support team of the website you want to use.
- If your wallet, internet provider, or browser warns you a site is suspicious do not continue.