The first time you swap or add liquidity to a pool, you must approve the token to be swapped. This gives the Uniswap Protocol permission to swap that token from your wallet.
Sometimes, token approvals need to be revoked. Here are a few reasons on why:
- If your wallet has been compromised
- As a best practice to reduce the risk of stolen funds/tokens
How to revoke a token approval:
- Go to the “approval checker” section of the block explorer
- Enter your public wallet address
- Revoke the token approval from Uniswap
The next time you attempt to swap this token, you will have to go through the approval process again.
Please note that revoking a token does require a network fee and this process is different from disconnecting from a dapp.