You can switch from Rainbow Wallet to Uniswap Wallet in just a few minutes. This guide will walk you through the steps to import your recovery phrase from Rainbow Wallet into Uniswap Wallet.
In order to import your recovery phrase from your Rainbow Wallet, you will have to find your recovery phrase, then import the recovery phrase in the Uniswap Wallet.
Before importing your recovery phrase, make sure you are in a safe and private location. No one should be able to see your recovery phrase.
- From the main screen, select your profile in the top left corner of your screen
- Select the gear icon in the top left to access the app’s settings
- Select “Backup” at the top of the Settings list
- Select “Back up manually” or “View secret phrase”
- Write down the 12 words in the order they appear or select “Copy to Clipboard.” If you choose to copy and paste your private key, other apps on your phone may be able to read the seed phrase on your clipboard.
Now that you have located your recovery phrase from your Rainbow Wallet, you can import it in the Uniswap Wallet app:
Select “Get started”.
Select “Import my wallet.” This will allow you to import your recovery phrase from another wallet.
Type or paste your recovery phrase.
Select the addresses you would like to import.
Choose your backup method. You can choose to back up to iCloud or manually backup your recovery phrase (this means to write it down, we strongly recommend this method).
If you back up your recovery phrase on iCloud in the Uniswap Wallet, you will create a backup password. The file with your recovery phrase is securely stored. You should write down your iCloud backup password as well. If you forget your password, Uniswap Labs cannot retrieve it.
You can learn more about iCloud Backup here.
Turn on push notifications.
Set up Touch or Face ID.
Once all of these steps are completed, you are ready to swap using the Uniswap Wallet.