You can switch from Metamask to Uniswap Wallet in just a few minutes. This guide will walk you through the steps to import your recovery phrase from Metamask into Uniswap Wallet.
In order to import your recovery phrase from your Metamask Wallet, you will have to find your recovery phrase, then import the recovery phrase in the Uniswap Wallet.
Before importing your recovery phrase, make sure you are in a safe and private location. No one should be able to see your recovery phrase.
Step 1: Find Your Recovery Phrase in your Metamask Wallet:
Metamask Browser Extension
- Navigate down to Settings > Security & Privacy.
- Scroll down, and click on the button that reads "Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase".
- Enter your password to reveal your Seed Phrase / Secret Recovery Phrase.
- Write down the 12 words in the order they appear or select “Copy to Clipboard.” If you choose to copy and paste your private key, other apps on your device may be able to read the seed phrase on your clipboard.
Metamask Mobile App
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left. Select Settings:
- In Settings, choose Security & Privacy.
- In this menu, tap on Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase . Then enter your password to display it:
- Write down the 12 words in the order they appear or select “Copy to Clipboard.” If you choose to copy and paste your private key, other apps on your phone may be able to read the seed phrase on your clipboard.
Step 2: Import your recovery phrase in the Uniswap Wallet
Now that you have located your recovery phrase from your Metamask Wallet, you can import it in the Uniswap Wallet app:
How to Import my Recovery Phrase
Select “Get started”, then “Import an existing wallet.” This will allow you to import your recovery phrase from another wallet.
Type or paste your recovery phrase.
Select the wallets you would like to import.
Choose your backup method. You can choose to back up to iCloud or manually backup your recovery phrase.
Set up Touch or Face ID and turn on push notifications.
Once all of these steps are completed, you are ready to swap using the Uniswap Wallet.