You can switch from Metamask to Uniswap Wallet in just a few minutes. This guide will walk you through the steps to import your recovery phrase from Metamask into Uniswap Wallet.
In order to import your recovery phrase from your Metamask Wallet, you will have to find your recovery phrase, then import the recovery phrase in the Uniswap Wallet.
Before importing your recovery phrase, make sure you are in a safe and private location. No one should be able to see your recovery phrase.
You should never share your recovery phrase. If someone is able to access your recovery phrase, they can control your wallet and approve transactions.
Metamask Browser Extension
- Navigate down to Settings > Security & Privacy.
- Scroll down, and click on the button that reads "Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase".
- Enter your password to reveal your Seed Phrase / Secret Recovery Phrase.
- Write down the 12 words in the order they appear or select “Copy to Clipboard.” If you choose to copy and paste your private key, other apps on your device may be able to read the seed phrase on your clipboard.
Metamask Mobile App
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left. Select Settings.
- In Settings, choose Security & Privacy.
- In this menu, tap on Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase. Then enter your password to display it:
- Write down the 12 words in the order they appear or select “Copy to Clipboard.” If you choose to copy and paste your private key, other apps on your phone may be able to read the seed phrase on your clipboard.
Step 2: Import your recovery phrase in the Uniswap Wallet
Now that you have located your recovery phrase from your Metamask Wallet, you can import it in the Uniswap Wallet app.
To import your Recovery Phrase into the Uniswap Wallet:
Select “Add an existing wallet”.
Select “Import a wallet.” This will allow you to import your recovery phrase from another wallet.
Type or paste your recovery phrase, then select “Continue”.
Confirm the wallet you would like to import, then select “Continue”. All wallet addresses created with the recovery phrase entered will be listed.
Choose your backup method.
You can choose to back up to iCloud/Google Drive or manually backup your recovery phrase (this means to write it down, we strongly recommend this method).
If you back up your recovery phrase on iCloud/Google Drive in the Uniswap Wallet, you will create a backup password. The file with your recovery phrase is securely stored. You should write down your iCloud/Google Drive backup password as well.
If you forget your password and your recovery phrase, Uniswap Labs cannot retrieve it.
Learn more about iCloud and Google Drive backups here.
Turn on push notifications.
Set up Touch/Face ID or Biometrics.
Congratulations! You are ready to swap using the Uniswap Wallet.